Foster & Adoptive Parents Needed!
Who Can Foster of Adopt?
Nearly anyone with a loving heart and room in their home can foster or adopt a child. There are some guidelines which include but are not limited to:
You may be married, single, or divorced.
You may or may not have other children.
You must at least 21 years old.
You may own or rent your house or apartment.
How Do I Get Started?
Please call us for more information. We will ask you to provide us with more information about yourself and your family. The information that we will gather from you includes but is not limited to:
Name of each household member (including maiden names)
Date of Birth
If you are married, your marriage date
General health of household members
Any criminal record
Any agency record
If you have been divorced
Number of Children currently in home
The type and number of children you would be interested in fostering or adopting
The answers to these questions do not necessarily mean you are or are not appropriate to foster or adopt. They do give us more informaion about you and allow us to begin our process.
Easy As 5...4...3...2...1
5. Call Ashtabula County Childrern Services. They will ask you some questions and mail you a packet explaining more.
4. After receiving and reviewing the packet, then you attend Preservice Training. A total of 36 hours to teach you about what it is like to foster/adopt a child, how to manage their behaviors, work with birth families, and much more.
3. After completing your training you will fill out your formal application and decide whether you want to foster, adopt, or foster to adopt.
2. When your homestudy process is completed and accepted, your information is sent to the State of Ohio and your licence is issued.
1. Now you can foster or adopt children who are waiting for a home just like yours.